Sr. Officer/Officer, Project Development Department
- This event has passed.
Sr. Officer/Officer, Project Development Department
Brief description of JAAGO Foundation:
JAAGO Foundation is a civil society organization (CSO) working towards education and social mobilization for the underprivileged masses of Bangladesh. Its mission to fight poverty, JAAGO pioneered a Free-of-Cost International Standard School for underprivileged children in remote areas of Bangladesh. JAAGO’s Youth Development Program focuses on national development via the reallocation of skills and resources to foster self – reliance and growth in every young citizen.
Position Title: Sr. Officer/Officer, Project Development Department
No. of Vacancy: 01
- Fundraising: 50% of time
- Actively contributing to set and achieve donor based income targets and managing resources to this end;
- Analyze donor submission and contract requirements and providing orientation to the relevant staff on compliance;
- Support proposal development through coordinating the establishment of proposal development working groups of key staff within the organization and ensuring key actions are delegated;
- Use the Logframe tool effectively for developing Concept Note and Project Proposal;
- Identify the project proposal development schedule at the concept note/proposal stage and coordinating with the relevant staff to ensure deadlines are met;
- Assist in making budgets with the support of Program heads and Finance department;
- Conduct donor research and analyse donor funding trend to match donor focus with JAAGO’s priority programme themes in Bangladesh;
- Share new funding opportunities with Program Managers/teams, Senior Management and the Executive Director;
- Identify opportunities for fundraising with in-country institutional donors and private foundations/corporates;
- Maintain up to date knowledge on donor funded projects;
- Provide support to develop fundraising strategy for the organization;
- Grant Management:28% of time
- Facilitate the process of signing contracts with the donors;
- Maintain donor communication on behalf project implementation teams;
- Facilitate occasional visits of donors when necessary;
- Collect information, edit and finalize Project Progress and Final Reports with the support from project implementation teams and ensuring quality donor reporting is completed by submission deadlines;
- Ensure compliance with donor reporting requirements by updating the project staff;
- Update project staff and Finance department for donor financial requirements;
- Update and manage project document filing and storing (both physical and Online- Google Drive, Dropbox);
- Ensure and support project implementation teams with Project MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning);
- Participate in occasional field visits to oversee projects’ progress and gain understanding of the local development needs.
- Project Management: 7% of the time
- Provide support to the team members during the implementation phase of the projects.
- Networking: 10% of time
- Build and maintain good relationships with donors by attending different donor meetings, seminars and conferences;
- Follow up with donors after attending meetings;
- Continue liaison with donors for future funding opportunities;
- Scope funding opportunities that arise out of networking with donors.
- Others 5% of time
- Assign work and manage the performance of the team’s interns;
- Complete administrative tasks of the team;
- Assist different departments of the organization when necessary.
Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in a relevant field (Social Sciences, Development Studies, Economics, or equivalent).
- Excellent writing and spoken English and Bangla;
- Strategic thinker with proven analytical and planning skills;
- Good organization skills;
- Competent computer skills especially MS-Word, Ms-Excel and MS- PowerPoint;
- Strong understanding of grant management process of institutional donors;
- Ability to manage complex tasks, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Minimum 2-3 years experiences in the development sector.
Area of Experience:
Prior work experience in raising and managing grants of institutional donors; donor reporting and compliance; research, monitoring and evaluation; training facilitation and training content development; maintaining databases will get preference.
Job Location: Banani, Dhaka
Salary: BDT 25,000 – 35,000
Other Benefits: Provident Fund, Bonus, Work from home etc.
Office Time: Sunday-Thursday (10am-6pm)
If you are interested then APPLY ONLINE or please send your updated CV with recent passport size photo to email@example.com with subject line “Application for the position of “Sr. Officer/Officer, Project Development Department” Without subject line application will not accepted.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2020
JAAGO Foundation is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.